For every outlook session, make a copy of this template and as the secretary to fill it in throughout the session. Do not also write down the outcomes (those go onto the one page strategic plan) but also the considerations that led to a decision, other ideas that didn’t make it (they might be great inspiration for the next session). It will help with answering the question “Why did we decide that?” in three months.
Date: @September 21, 2022
- Introduction & Check-in round
- Looking around, Supercircle perspective
- 🎯 One Year Goals, 📊 Metrics & ✈️ Key Initiatives review
- 🚧 Projects for the upcoming episode
- 📃 Project Descriptions
- 🦄 Realism Check
- 🤡 Theme & 🥳 Celebration
- Summary for the super circle (Optional)
- Check-out & Aftercare
Purpose of the circle
The Circle Lead is responsible for the circle having a strategy. In an Outlook session, circle members can give input. Depending on the need, in an Outlook session we review:
- What is happing around us (e.g. supercircle outlook)
- Why we exist, where we want to go and if our goals/metrics and key thrusts are still in line with that
- What we’ll do next “episode”
Trust good intention all the time
Sometimes it is worth it to build on
fledgling ideas and allow them to grow
without challenging them too
prematurely. Respect ideas, issues,
It's okay if you don’t have an answer to
questions right away. Questions can be
deposed for the meantime in the
questions to be answered canvas.
To land in the here and now:
- Please call out anything that is distracting you (Physical or psychological);
- Say what role you are representing
Looking around, Supercircle perspective
The Leadlink will show the outcome of the super circle outlook
- A mediahouse with an internationally scalable cost effective marketing strategy
- A strong experienced (distributed) workforce where the right people have the right roles.
- A great integrated system for self development including feedback
- A scalable & maintainable service platform and method of building it
- A product that stands out as a relation product instead of a communication product.
- We are one organization under one commercial brand
- We have a scalable international marketing strategy
- We come one
- There is a timeline to bundle or merge Voys / Spindle or parts thereof
- Tech, marketing and organization help us maximize business & customer value
- For product: simplify and move up (easy to sell product + supports bigger customers)
- For org: a solid standardized (simple) way to support our customers (0-touch sales, proactive support, tiered advice)
- A solid partner strategy where partner and product are well matched.
Takeovers are a viable option to facilitate growth!
Update in Outlook S22E3:
- VoIPGRID taken out of the We Come One
- 10x has been taken out of nr 3 of the one year goals
🎯 One Year Goals, 📊 Metrics & ✈️ Key Initiatives review
New Projects upcoming episode
Theme & Celebarations
Summary for the Circle Lead
The results of this session are now written down. Now it’s important it’s being used. That’s why the following actions are advised:
- The Rep Link takes a new purpose back to the parent circle.
- CL to create Strategic Canvas / OPSP (base template here)
- The Secretary puts the Outlook Pages and/or strategic canvas in the right folder in Notion / Glassfrog.
- The Lead Link makes sure that all plans and KPI’s are visible on dashboards, for use in tactical.
- Alignment: If your circle has a subcircle, share the outcomes with the subcircle's Circle Leads so they can use it for their Outlook.