An important device. New colleagues may choose between a blazingly fast Windows laptop or a beautiful Macbook. You also choose which keyboards, mice, mouse pads, headphones, and other peripherals you use if you don't like the standard equipment (This role can help).
We have set up plug-and-play workstations throughout the office. That way, colleagues can easily sit in all spots, and you don't have to dive under your desk first every workday to untangle all the cords.
You may use your laptop privately. However, there are some rules for laptop usage, and you will find them on the
Flexible working at the office
Can I work at a location other than the office? Of course, you can! The office is a really nice and cozy place, and you're colleagues are fun to be around, so there is a good reason to be at the office. However, we value maximum freedom in choosing where (and when) we work.
What is not allowed is to work 24x7. You are paid for a certain number of hours. You work that number. No more, no less. Do you work a few extra hours now and then? Fine! You can pick up these hours yourself at other times. You can easily keep track of this yourself online. (also see
If you work more hours structurally, then you are doing something wrong, or there is something wrong with your contract 😉
In our office, we have flexible workstations with a standard mouse, keyboard, and height-adjustable desk. Do check out the
🦠 Working at the office during Corona-times
Please make sure you read the latest information about
Working from home
Working from home can be super handy. Depending on your home situation it can be the perfect place for deep work. But, there is a catch.
We cannot check whether your 'home office’ is suitable for long-term work. It is important that you think of the risks. Little checklist:
- is there enough silence/rest at home?
- is the (sun)light on your screen not disturbing?
- do you have good workplace ergonomics at home?
- a good posture prevents complaints on f.e. your wrist, shoulder and back? See .Workplace Ergonomics
- the right hardware (camera, microphone, headset)?
Did you know that Google Calendar allows you to set your work location?
First of all, do you really need a meeting? Alternatives for meetings can be highly beneficial (ref:
For synchronous meetings: all work-related meetings take place online unless everyone voluntarily wants to come to the office. So it’s totally fine if you prefer to work from home and not come to the office. What we won’t do, are meetings where everyone sits together in a meeting room except for one or two people; in that case, everyone gets online.
Working from somewhere else (aka workation or temporary or even permanent remote work)
Can I? Yes you can. Details, tips and tricks →
Keys and the alarm
You'll receive a keytag and an alarmtag for the office. The keytag is simple: hold it up for the reader and the door will open. If the alarm is on you will know notice that on entering ;)
When the alarm goes off between 19 and 7 Mon-Fri and the whole day on Saturday and Sunday, someone from the security company will come by to check it out, which they will charge for ;)
We love having other people in the office. We do have some security things to keep in mind, since we are an ISO-certified telecom provider. That’s why there is a Procedure for non-colleagues entering and using our office.
The idea is that most visitors are accompanied by a colleague, and then this procedure is not necessary. So if you receive a visitor, a vacancy candidate, or a potential partner, you don’t need to follow this procedure. The same applies to tours you give.
- Tours are possible; we prefer tours during the lunch break and taking pictures of colleagues feel really weird so don’t 😅
- Tours held by externals are always reported by calling 0508009008. The warm welcomer (or the person who picks up the phone when no warm welcomers are in) will put a message in Slack (#spindle_office).
- Our office can be used by external people.
- We have a “new” agenda, ‘Main Office’ where you can write down / plan who and when external people will work in our office.
- A message is sent in Slack (#spindle_office) by the inviter. We prefer a few days before the non-colleagues visit the office;
- This also goes for (school) students and other events.
- On the day itself, the external people will get a tag and wristband/visitor pass by the inviter.
- If externals use the office, they leave it as they found it or better.
"Your health is our concern"
Sounds like a joke but we really care 🙂. So check out the