For every outlook session, make a copy of this template and as the secretary to fill it in throughout the session. Do not also write down the outcomes (those go onto the one page strategic plan) but also the considerations that led to a decision, other ideas that didn’t make it (they might be great inspiration for the next session). It will help with answering the question “Why did we decide that?” in three months.
- Create Jamboard
- Accommodate the super circle perspective:
- Add lower circles’ Outlook result to the Looking around, Supercircle perspective section
- any tables? —> change the filter
- Make sure it is current, if not change the template
- Add page link to index
Purpose of the circle
1. Introduction & Check-in Round
The Circle Lead is responsible for the circle having a strategy. In an Outlook session, circle members can give input. Depending on the need, in an Outlook session we review:
- What is happing around us (e.g. supercircle outlook)
- Why we exist, where we want to go and if our goals/metrics and key thrusts are still in line with that
- What we’ll do next episode
Trust good intention all the time
Sometimes it is worth it to build on
fledgling ideas and allow them to grow
without challenging them too
prematurely. Respect ideas, issues,
It's okay if you don’t have an answer to
questions right away. Questions can be
deposed for the meantime in the
questions to be answered canvas.
To land in the here and now:
- Please call out anything that is distracting you (Physical or psychological);
- Say what role you are representing
2. Starting point
To have an aligned strategy it is important to know the starting point we set together in the 3-Year strategy. This is where your own goals & projects should fit.
The Circle Lead will show the outcome of the company / super circle outlook.
- Goal: 500k end-users by the end of 2026, over 100.000 customers
Company prioritisation (Synced block - do not modify)
Company 3 Year Goals / Key Thrusts (ref.)
Company 3 Year Goals / Key Thrusts (Synced block - do not modify)
GCC circle 1 Year Goals (Synced block, do not modify)
- GCC circle Outlook
GCC Selected Projects for the next episode
It’s possible that there are changes in the world that potentially impact our strategy. This is the moment to share them.
It’s possible that there are observations or major issues that needs to be resolved in the short or medium term because they are keeping us from achieving our goals. This is the moment to share them.
3. One Year Goals & Metrics
4. New Projects in the upcoming episode
Project descriptions and realism checks are optional.
You can also limit yourself to just adding some context (why & why now, line-of-sight) & skip defining, outcomes and metrics in this session
The results of this session are now written down. Now it’s important it’s being used. That’s why the following actions are advised:
- Projects should be worked out one level deeper. This can be done in a separate session
- CL to create Strategic Canvas / OPSP (base template here)
- The Secretary puts the Outlook Pages and/or strategic canvas in the right folder in Notion / Glassfrog.
- The Circle Lead makes sure that all plans and metrics are visible on dashboards, for use in tactical
- Alignment: If your circle has a subcircle, share the outcomes with the subcircle's Circle Leads so they can use it for their Outlook.
Each person can share a closing reflection about the meeting. No discussion allowed.