Everybody in the organisation can do suggestions to spend > € 25.000,-. This is the page explaining how this works.
For expenditures of > €25.000 you need to present a business case. This needs to be validated by The investorgator and when approved presented to the accountable Circle Lead to evaluate the goal of the project which is supported by proper metrics.
The business case is usually a spreadsheet + a written one-page summary. The one-pager has a "Why", a "How" and a "What. Because of the resources the accountable Circle Lead also needs to approve the investment proposal.
Every investment proposal needs to be announced in slackchannel #investments. Every role within the org can object to a proposal, which has to be motivated. The investorgator and accountable Circle Lead will describe their findings and approval/disapproval of the business case and makes it public via #investments.
Only roles within the activity can spend money on that activity. Roles outside the activity need approval from the accountable Circle Lead.
All expenditures that can be done within the cash flow of the Activity do not need the approval of the above Circle Lead. Expenditures that can not be done within the own cash flow do need the approval of the Circle Lead above.
For the investment proposal, you need to write a business case. This is mostly meant to explain to the organization where you want to spend the money on and how it adds value.
It should include:
- What What is it you want to invest
- Why What is the purpose of the proposal?
- Investment How much money are you going to spend in money? And in time (including internal hours on a € 35,- an hour rate
- Q&A This is where the investorgators and other people in the org can ask clarifying questions about the proposal.
- Paid by Which internal legal entity is paying, ergo which Circle Lead needs to sign off on this.
- Role From which role are you submitting this.
The goal is to facilitate clarity to the org, so if you want to add other stuff in there that helps, please feel free to do so.
The business case and the details of the proposal can be directly entered in the database below. You can also find previous proposals which might help you out.
All proposals since 2020 are listed here.