There is a lot of communication happening across multiple channels.
Some problems that we observe:
- There is information overload; communication is scattered in several channels and several tools
- There is an expectation that slack is real-time communication channel where you get an immediate answer
- It is not clear what to share at which scale and who should read it. We also don’t know who has read what (how do I communicate the result of a project? When is something communicated? Does it depend on the project?)
- The overall story of the organisation is sometimes lost in all the communication
The problem is becoming painful
- Guidelines (not rules!) about internal communication (need to know vs. nice to know, which roles etc.)
- 1:1, circle communication and organisation communication need different communication strategies
- Clear role names in GlassFrog so they are easier to find and to tag in Slack
- Company podcast?! (experiment - but form follows function)
- Offering curated information (there is a role that helps with this)
- Find out what is needed by the organization and how other orgs deal with this.